Requirements to participate in the virtual conference
- Device (computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone) with a speaker, a microphone and a webcam. A headset is advisable to avoid echo and improve the quality of the audio.
- A stable internet connection. Advisable at least 2.5 Mbps upload and download speed, which is met by a typical broadband home internet plan or a 4G phone. Wired Ethernet connection is also advisable if possible.
- Install Zoom in your device. The connection via web can be used, but it is less flexible.
- Create a user in Zoom with the same name, surname, and email as for the conference, so that you can be identified easily by the conference staff.
- Check that your audio and video are working properly (watch this short tutorial video).
- The scientific programme webpage is optimized for Google Chrome and Mozilla, so one of these browsers is advisable.
- You can test your device and connection during the test sessions on Sunday the 13th of December (see Test sessions).