Requirements to participate in the virtual conference
- Device (computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone) with a speaker, a microphone and a webcam. A headset is advisable to avoid echo and improve the audio quality.
- A stable internet connection. Advisable at least 2.5 Mbps upload and download speed, met by a typical broadband home internet plan or a 4G smartphone. Wired Ethernet connection is also advisable if possible.
- Install Zoom on your device. The connection via web can be used, but it is less flexible.
- Make sure that in Zoom you have the same name and surname as for the conference, so that you can be identified easily by the conference staff.
- Check that your audio and video are working correctly (watch this short tutorial video).
- The scientific programme webpage is optimized for Google Chrome and Mozilla, so one of these browsers is advisable.
- You can test your device and connection during the test session on Saturday the 10th of December (see Test sessions).