Details for participation in the hybrid sessions
- The online participants must follow the instructions in the virtual area.
- The in-person speakers will find information about the lecture rooms here.
- In-person speakers must use the rooms' PCs and share their presentations on the Zoom session open there with the name of the room.
- The laptopss have a webcam and an omnidirectional desk microphone that collects the sound around the laptop desk. Speakers can move the webcam to show the area from where they will be standing to be visible on Zoom.
- Please verify with the online conference assistant (identified as "Angel" on Zoom) that the virtual attendees can hear you and see you. Avoid speaking far from the microphone.
- Standard talks are 20 minutes, followed by 3-4 minutes of discussion coordinated by the Chair. Strict timing must be observed.
Details for the chairs of the hybrid sessions
- Chairs of hybrid sessions can be in-person or online. In-person speakers should follow the instructions above to ensure that the onsite part runs smoothly.
- If you are a virtual chair of a hybrid session, please make sure that you can communicate with the in-person speakers and guide them through the process. In case of problems, please inform the Angel in the Zoom room so that they request onsite conference staff to assist.
- Please be in the room 10 minutes before the session starts to prepare.
- Make sure that the laptop is connected to the Zoom room associated with your assigned physical room. Otherwise, contact the conference support desk in the virtual support room (passcode 112).
- Communicate with the Zoom room Angel to double-check that the virtual participants can hear and see the room.
- With the help of the Angel, please identify the virtual and in-person speakers and require the in-person participant to copy their presentations on the conference room's laptop and make sure that they work. All the presentations must be shared on Zoom.
- The laptops have a webcam and an omnidirectional desk microphone that collects the sound around the desk. Speakers can move the webcam to show the area from where they will be standing to be visible from Zoom.
- Ensure everyone speaking far from the PC desk gets closer, so virtual participants can hear them. Repeat questions yourself if needed.
- Read and follow the instructions for general chairs of the virtual sessions.